CHECK Home > Support groups > Topeka area
As a Christian Organization our policies are based on the following principles, however, in the spirit of Christ we welcome those with other beliefs to participate in all our activities.
We Believe . . .
1. The Bible (the accepted canon of Old and New Testament scriptures) is the inspired Word of God and the revealed will of God. It is the infallible authority by which all beliefs and conduct must be judged. II Tim. 3:16
2. There is one God, eternally existing in three persons: the Father, His Son-- the Lord Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit. While the Godhead is not one in person, God is one in purpose, mind and character. This oneness does not obliterate the distinct personalities of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. I Tim. 2:5; Isa. 48:16; Isa. 42:1
3. Jesus Christ has always existed in His deity, took on flesh through the virgin birth, lived a sinless life, performed miracles by the power of the Holy Spirit, was crucified, bodily resurrected from the dead, is exalted at the right hand of the Father, and lives to intercede for us as our High Priest. Heb 13:8; John 17:4,5; John 1:1-3,14; Matt. 1:23-25; Heb. 4:15; Matt. 12: 22-29; Phil. 2: 5-11; I Cor. 15:3,4; Col. 3:1; Heb 4: 14-16
4. Man was created in the image of God, for fellowship with God; but sinned, incurring both physical and spiritual death. All men are born with a sinful nature, and upon reaching moral responsibility, manifest themselves as sinners in thought, word, and deed. Gen. 1:27; Rom. 5:12
5. God's love for man is manifested in His redemptive plan, which provides the only hope of salvation for mankind through Jesus Christ, who died for our sins as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice. Thus it is only by grace and not works that we are saved. John 3:16; Phil. 2:5-8; Ephesians. 2:8,9
6. Salvation is received by faith when a person believes in Jesus Christ and confesses Him as Lord. Believers are justified by the Blood of Jesus and are born again by the power of the Holy Spirit as new beings into the Kingdom of God. The provision of salvation covers every aspect of the life of the believer: spiritual, mental, and physical. Acts 16:30,31; Rom 3:24,25; II Cor. 5:17; Titus 2:11-14
7. As born again believers of Jesus Christ, we are all unique members of the one body of Christ; each having his/her own special spiritual gifts, being united in one spirit, according to the scriptures. Eph.4:4-6; I Cor. 12:4-7
8. Satan is the father of lies and the adversary of God. He roams the earth seeking to steal, kill, and destroy. He was defeated by the resurrection power of Jesus Christ, and the believer has authority over him through the Name of Jesus. John 8:44; I Peter 5:8; Rev. 12:12; Heb. 2:14; Rev. 12:11
9. Jesus Christ is coming again to gather His saints to Heaven. He will reign with them 1,000 years. After this there will be a new Heaven and a new earth. John 14:1-3; Rev. 20:6; Rev. 21:1
10. All men will be bodily resurrected- the believers in Christ to everlasting fellowship with God, and the sinners to everlasting separation from God in the lake of fire with Satan and his angels. John 5:28,29; I Thess. 4:15-18; Rev. 20:10,15
Site copyright © 1998-2000. All Rights Reserved, Christian Home Educators Confederation of Kansas
Page last updated 3/17/2000